site hit counter

[CCZ]⇒ Read Free All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books

All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books



Download As PDF : All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books

Download PDF All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books


All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books

I usually spend my time reading cozies but I'm so tired of their shallow story line, so I decided to try this novel. The problem with novels, I'm often disappointed with sex or language. Not so this! This was a really really good story that followed the main character from childhood to adulthood. The story enlightened me a bit on issues I just didn't know enough about and want to do more research on now.
I was even more pleasantly surprised to find the authors faith woven ever so perfectly throughout the story.

Read All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books

Tags : All the Way Home: A Novel [Ann Tatlock] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. From an abusive German-Irish family, Augusta informally adopts Sunny Yamagata's family as her own until the Yamagatas are sent to a Japanese-American internment camp in the 1930s,Ann Tatlock,All the Way Home: A Novel,Bethany House Pub,0764226630,Romance - Historical - General,War & Military,Japanese American families;Fiction.,Japanese Americans;Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945;Fiction.,Women journalists;Fiction.,AF: General,Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945,FICTION Christian General,FICTION Romance Historical General,FICTION War & Military,Fiction,Fiction - Religious,Fiction-Romance,GENERAL,Historical romance,Japanese American families,Japanese Americans,Modern & contemporary fiction,Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945),Religious - General,Romance & Sagas,RomanceHistorical,Romance: Historical,War & combat fiction,Women journalists,Evacuation and relocation, 194

All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books Reviews


I read a lot and this is by far the best book I've read in a very long time. Excellent content and story telling, wonderful weaving of human rights and civil liberties throughout a very tumultuous time in America. I pick up lots of free books on and find great authors I want to follow. Ann Tatlock is now added to my list!
Ann Tatlock writes novels with a poet's pen. I savored descriptions like "I was already well aware of a hollow place inside of me, like an air bubble caught in a pane of glass." The story both warmed and ripped my heart--it's difficult to revisit the injustices of the past, but it's also important to never forget. I fell in love with the characters--the secondary ones as well as Augie and Sunny.
All theWay Home, Ann Tatloc
When I first met Augie Callahan she lived in a dysfunctional family in the 30’s in Los Angeles. Reading the first few pages I debated if I wanted to spend time with a drunken uncle, an addicted mother, and a house too full of people. But Augie moved on, finding a new home with a welcoming Japanese family. Her friendship with their daughter, Sunny, sets the stage for the rest of the story.
Tatloc brings to life the ethnic and racial struggles of the Second World War, the confinement of Japanese American citizens, and the Civil Rights movement through the lives and experiences of the two girls as they grow up. Written with clarity and detail, I felt what the disruption of the Japanese-American community must have meant. As the two women reconnect in the 60s in a small town in Mississippi, Tatloc describes the insidious cruelty of the Klan to the people in ‘Coloredtown, that made my heart pound as I read it. The author can’t be a ‘poor white,’ a Japanese/American, or someone from ‘Colordedtown ’ in the 60s – but she could have fooled me. In spite of all the drama, there’s a bit of mystery that soothed my romantic soul.
My favorite genre is historical fiction. This story was a home run – out of the ball park for Ann Tatlock. I have read a number of Ann’s books. They have been great stories. “All the Way Home” is one of those stories that will linger in my mind for some time to come. It is far beyond a 5-star book. The truths came flowing from the historical situations like gold discovered shimmering at your feet in a river. So many “ahaa” moments in this story. There were two subplots that blended together beautifully. The graceful shaping of the story took me to a time and place - and I was there. I cried and laughed.
“What did news from far off places have to do with me? My world was safe…” This superbly crafted story weaves together children and their families, their joys and sorrows touched by faraway places, indelibly imprinted in their lives.
The author of this two-part novel introduces her readers to two very intense periods in American history by adeptly allowing us to live them through her carefully crafted characters. I especially liked that she addressed the fact that all of us are pretty much a mixed bag sometimes we choose to do good, and other times, we choose to do evil. As Augie matures, she learns to be merciful, even to her irascible uncle, who was the immediate cause of her greatest sorrow. It is well worth spending your time reading...in spite of the many unfortunate punctuation errors, which I suspect only exist in the electronic format of the book, since this author certainly knows how to utilize commas.
This story begins with Augie, a young girl who lives in a very dysfunctional home in the 1930’s. She meets a girl her age, Sunny, and Augie ends up living with this family for a time. While there is no prejudice in the girls, one is Japanese and one is American, the world around them is prejudice. When the bombing at Pearl Harbor happens, all Japanese Americans are sent to camps. The girls are separated and they don’t get back together until they are adults and the time of the Civil Rights movement in the 1960’s! What they try to do to help the ‘coloreds’ get registered to vote, showed bravery and courage.

It doesn’t matter what your background is, we all matter. Respect for others is lost among us, even in the year 2017! As I read this story, I couldn’t help but think we deal with the same issues as they did! We need to love others, respect them, and help each other.

The way Ann Tatlock weaves the characters together make for a great story! This is the first time I have read any of her books, but will definitely read more.
What an amazing story about the love and sadly hatred of family members, set during WWII, through the mid 1960's intermingled with racial prejudice, and fear, ending with forgiveness. Ms Tatlock did a wonderful job of researching those tumultuous and perilous times in our country's history, and told the story through two young girls from such divergent backgrounds who became the best of friends through it all. It is one of the best novels I have read in quite some time.
I usually spend my time reading cozies but I'm so tired of their shallow story line, so I decided to try this novel. The problem with novels, I'm often disappointed with sex or language. Not so this! This was a really really good story that followed the main character from childhood to adulthood. The story enlightened me a bit on issues I just didn't know enough about and want to do more research on now.
I was even more pleasantly surprised to find the authors faith woven ever so perfectly throughout the story.
Ebook PDF All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books

0 Response to "[CCZ]⇒ Read Free All the Way Home A Novel Ann Tatlock 9780764226632 Books"

Post a Comment