Dragon Blood The Pit Dragon Chronicles Volume One Jane Yolen Books

Dragon Blood The Pit Dragon Chronicles Volume One Jane Yolen Books
This has been a favorite book of mine since I was in middle school (15 + years at this point... ugh). This was probably my first venture into a fantasy world. Jane Yolen details the world brilliantly and since my very first reading of the novel I have always felt a connection to the young boy struggling to better his life. I loved feeling like I was there in the Pit with the dragons, or cleaning the stalls. Now a grown-up with less time for reading physical books, I find that this holds up just as well as an audio book. The narrator is wonderful (and there have been some AWFUL narrated books out there...) and feels just as engaged. An oldie but a goodie, totally worth a listen, or a read
Tags : Amazon.com: Dragon's Blood: The Pit Dragon Chronicles, Volume One (9780152051266): Jane Yolen: Books,Jane Yolen,Dragon's Blood: The Pit Dragon Chronicles, Volume One,HMH Books for Young Readers,0152051260,Action & Adventure - General,Fantasy - General,Dragons,Dragons;Fiction.,Fantasy,Fantasy.,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Fantasy & Magic,Fiction,Fiction-Fantasy,JUVENILE,Juvenile Fiction,Juvenile Fiction Action & Adventure General,Juvenile Fiction Fantasy & Magic,Juvenile Fiction General,Juvenile Grades 7-9 Ages 12-14,Monograph Series, 1st,United States,YOLEN, JANE,YOUNG ADULT FICTION,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Action & Adventure General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Fantasy General,Young Adult FictionAction & Adventure - General,Fantasy fiction
Dragon Blood The Pit Dragon Chronicles Volume One Jane Yolen Books Reviews
I love this story. Since the first time I ever read it years ago. I had to own it for myself. You will never forget this one since it is so exciting to read
I enjoyed this book. Quick read. Well written. Enjoyed the authors style.
The fanatical world is easy to follow and soon you're entranced and can't stop reading! I will be introducing this to my 9th graders for sure!
Great book..read it as a kid (it was an easy read from what I remembered) and loved it..already have it in paperback but when I saw it in kindle edition I just had to get it (along w the rest if the triology)
was a good read
OK, it's pretty well written. But... so little happens.
I mean, it's obvious it's about a boy raisiing a dragon, right? And it's a fighting dragon so there better at least be a first fight, right? And that's it. Story ends. And after some really decent writing and etceteras it's all just tied up in one very hurried conversation. That's it. I wasn't left wanting more. I enjoyed it, but that's all.
Dragon's Blood is the first Jane Yolen book I've actually read, even though she is prolific and was popular when I was young adult literature age. It is a fairly straightforward story about a feudal society on another planet where the economy is driven by dragon fighting. Jakkin, a young indentured servant who works in a dragon nursery - where dragons are bred, raised, and trained to fight - decides to make a name for himself and earn his freedom by stealing a hatchling dragon and training it in secret. Then, he does it.
I liked it all right. The first half of the book moved a little slowly and was mostly about getting the reader acquainted with the world. She did do a pretty good job capturing the wonder of dragons. Jakkin himself is a little boring. Later, when Akki and Sarkkhan start to play a greater role, the book gets more interesting, since these characters have more engaging backgrounds and personalities, and also tend to scheme more, and more intricately.
This is the first book in the Pit Dragon series; there are three more books after it, so far. I'm interested enough to pick up the second book next time I'm in the mood for YA, but I'll probably be getting it from the library.
This has been a favorite book of mine since I was in middle school (15 + years at this point... ugh). This was probably my first venture into a fantasy world. Jane Yolen details the world brilliantly and since my very first reading of the novel I have always felt a connection to the young boy struggling to better his life. I loved feeling like I was there in the Pit with the dragons, or cleaning the stalls. Now a grown-up with less time for reading physical books, I find that this holds up just as well as an audio book. The narrator is wonderful (and there have been some AWFUL narrated books out there...) and feels just as engaged. An oldie but a goodie, totally worth a listen, or a read

0 Response to "[PII]∎ Descargar Free Dragon Blood The Pit Dragon Chronicles Volume One Jane Yolen Books"
Post a Comment