The Merchant HouseA Wesley Peterson Mystery Kate Ellis 9780312205621 Books

The Merchant HouseA Wesley Peterson Mystery Kate Ellis 9780312205621 Books
This is my second Kate Ellis although it is the first in the series. I read the second one by chance and enjoyed it so much I decided I would read the entire series in order.This was a complicated plot with mistaken identity and no apparent motive for murder. As with the other Kate Ellis book, I found it got more gripping as the book drew to its conclusion. The first part only really drew me in because I had already had experience with Ellis' other book and knew she would not ultimately disappoint. And she didn't.
As before, this is a really good police procedural. It mimics the reality of police work in that a lot of it is slog but it is in the details that the solution is found.

Tags : The Merchant's House-A Wesley Peterson Mystery [Kate Ellis] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The uncovery of two skeletons in the ruins of a seventeenth century manor house leads Detective Sergeant Wesley Peterson to solve a four hundred-year-old mystery that curiously parallels the abducted child case he is currently engaged in,Kate Ellis,The Merchant's House-A Wesley Peterson Mystery,St Martins Pr,0312205627,0927-WS0801-A03010-0312205627,Archaeologists;Fiction.,Peterson, Wesley (Fictitious character);Fiction.,Police;England;Fiction.,Archaeologists,ENGLISH FIRST NOVELISTS,ENGLISH MYSTERY & SUSPENSE FICTION,England,FICTION Mystery & Detective Police Procedural,Fiction,Fiction - Coming of Age,Fiction - Mystery Detective,GENERAL,General Adult,Great BritainBritish Isles,Mystery & Detective - General,Mystery & Detective - Police Procedural,MysterySuspense,Peterson, Wesley (Fictitious character),Police,Peterson, Wesley (Fictitious c
The Merchant HouseA Wesley Peterson Mystery Kate Ellis 9780312205621 Books Reviews
If you can't get enough "Brit", this is the series for you. I began reading Ellis's books out of order, but no harm done. I went back to the beginning and now see the foundations she laid for these outstanding characters. Ellis carefully, but not tediously, develops each of the recurring cast in an artful, sensual manner. A few chapters in and you'll fall in love with coastal England and find yourself walking the cobbled lanes in your imagination and leaning over an archeological dig breathlessly waiting for the next find. Do not miss this series!
Not totally engrossing but easy to read - I liked the layers of complexity around the child. Will keep reading the series as interested to see how it evolves.
Wesley and the other characters are well written and engaging. I can also "see" the setting, the towns and businesses.. I'm now reading the second in the series.
I am a big mystery lover and this one did not disappoint! Multiple mysteries, great characters and lovely writing made this book riveting. So glad my friend Molly recommended!!
This is a good mystery and well-written but I am still looking for a detective who is happily married and/or does not have a libido problem. Not since Inspector Wexford or even Vera Stanhope have I encountered a happily domesticated detective hero. After being a lucky husband for almost 71 years I suppose I'm old-fashioned.
Wesley Peterson is the new Detective Sergeant in Tradmouth having transfered from London. The town is near his wife's, Pam, family.
On his way to work the first day, Wesley comes across Neil who is directing a dig on an old house. The two studied archaeology together before Wesley decided on police work.
Once at work, Wesley learns that a 7-year old boy was kidnapped earlier and the body of a woman has just be discovered. He has to hit the ground running.
There is an interesting parallel between the modern mystery and the past one that unfolds during the dig. The past being told in chapter heads from the journal of John Banized who's merchant house is the subject of the excavation.
The book is nicely paced and the two stories do draw together toward the end. There isn't really a twist at the end but it is a satisfying conclusion and I enjoyed the company.
Ellis has gathered some interesting characters in the people. They are people I would enjoy knowing. And the town of Tradmouth is as much a character as the people shaping the way people live their lives. The person that seemed least developed was Pam, Wesley's wife. She was not shown very positively but maybe as the series progresses, we will learn more about her.
Tried Kate Ellis on a recommendation from a fellow knitter. Not a deep story, but the characters were interesting and the interweaving a two events, contemporary and historic, to create a solid whole was a nice touch. I liked the use of the titular house as a character too. The archaeology bits were interesting to me, but may not do it for everyone. I enjoy the series enough that I am set to read books 3-6 now.
This is my second Kate Ellis although it is the first in the series. I read the second one by chance and enjoyed it so much I decided I would read the entire series in order.
This was a complicated plot with mistaken identity and no apparent motive for murder. As with the other Kate Ellis book, I found it got more gripping as the book drew to its conclusion. The first part only really drew me in because I had already had experience with Ellis' other book and knew she would not ultimately disappoint. And she didn't.
As before, this is a really good police procedural. It mimics the reality of police work in that a lot of it is slog but it is in the details that the solution is found.

0 Response to "[VZK]≡ [PDF] The Merchant HouseA Wesley Peterson Mystery Kate Ellis 9780312205621 Books"
Post a Comment